Sunday, February 10

Jambalaya, Banana Muffins & my flat photos

photo tour around my flat

couch & rocking chair with bookshelves from IKEA and picture frame from work mates
chair, desk (I'm getting rid of), nice large windows, DVD collection & wardrobe
dressers, telly, other window, radiator & bed
bed, night stand, door into hall leading to bathroom & kitchen
self explanitory I think

kitchen with banana muffins in tupperware (recipe below!)


Nothing super exciting to say this sunday night, but I did want to share those photos of my "new" flat (since I just realised I never posted any when I moved in back in October, so no don't worry I haven't moved again, just photos you've never seen before :)

Aside from that the Camden Market is sadly still closed, but from what I've heard nobody was injured, which is a good thing! Today I went to pick up a letter of reference from my mate Jim, which I will share with you along with the two recipes I made today for my mates Kirsty & Dan who came over for dinner.



Jambalaya (serves 4)

1 1/4 tsp olive oil

1 1/3 chicken in bite size pieces

5 oz kielbasa (or pepperoni) - diced
1 green bell peppers (I use three: one red, one green & one yellow, but up to you)

1.5 TBS minced garlic

1/8 tsp cayennne pepper

1/4 tsp onion powder (I didn't have so it's optional)

1 1/3 cups uncooked rice

2 2/3 cup chicken stock (or vegtable if that's all you've got - like what happen to me today)

2 bay leaves

1 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce (didn't have this either)

3/4 tsp hot pepper sauce


heat oil, over med-high, saute chicken & kielbasa about 5 mins, stir in onions, peppers, garlic, cayenne, onion poswer, salt & pepper, cook addition 5 mins (until onions are translucent), add rice, stock & bay leaves, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20 mins, stir in worcestershire sauce & pepper sauce, mix well & serve - YUMMERS!!!





Sara's Banana muffins (a combination of 2 recipes I found online so I'm calling it my own)

2/3 cup butter

3/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

2 ripe bananas

3/4 tsp vanilla (unless your my dad then you add double ;)

1.5 cups flour

1/8 tsp salt

3/4 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp baking powder

2/3 cup chocolate chips

1/4 cup chopped walnuts


preheat oven to 175C (I think that's about 350F), mix everything aside from chocolate & walnuts, mash with hands so the bananas mix evenly throughout. Once creamy, add in chocolate chips & walnuts, stir well & place into greased muffin tin (or muffin cups), bake about 20-30 mins - DOUBLE YUMMERS!!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 11 February, 2008 01:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your flat looks simply super! and the food as well.

Congrats.

Love ya, Mom

 
At 11 February, 2008 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Muffins ;)LOL

 
At 11 February, 2008 15:45, Blogger Sara said...

Mommio:
It's getting there slowly, now if I could just off load the desk!!

Eden:
ha ha, silly girl :)

 
At 13 February, 2008 09:26, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Such a lovely "tour" of your home...I can almost read the captions now with a "Brit" accent! LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 16 February, 2008 20:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

flat looks great...can't wait to come and visit!

muffins look wonderful too! can you send a care package to me?

love dad

 
At 17 February, 2008 00:00, Blogger Sara said...

cheesewiz: glad you can hear my accent ;)

dad: no care package, but maybe when you visit in august i can bake some thing for ya, xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home