Tuesday, July 10

icky-sicky

I think my fever is finally breaking & I'm off to sleep (again) that's all I've been doing since Sunday evening, if it's true that my fever is breaking I'm hoping I can make it to work tomorrow, this is one of the first time I've not been bored of being sick b/c I've literally slept through both days!!

In sad news today I heard from Jim & his grandmother passed away on Sunday and in case that's not bad enough to have to deal with just having started your holiday, his mum had a heart attack at home & he had to do CPR to keep her alive until the medics arrived. As you can guess when he called today he was out of sorts - just kept saying, "Ra, I've done CPR a 100 times, but when it's your mum, it's just your mum" followed by a few sobs (don't tell him I told you that) and then, "Ra you have no clue what it's like to keep your mum alive" to which of course I had no response, since luckily for me, he's right, I've never had to do anything like that. By the end of the conversation I had him laughing a bit & he said he would call if he wanted to talk (not bloody likely seeing as he is a guy and all) So if you have a few extra seconds if you could say a prayer for Jim & his family tonight that would be wonderful.

4 Comments:

At 11 July, 2007 14:34, Blogger jen said...

that's so awful! i hope his mother is doing ok.

 
At 11 July, 2007 19:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers go out to Jim...please pass it on.

-Shann

 
At 12 July, 2007 21:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dom and I send all our best wishes to Jim, his mom, and the rest of his family.

 
At 16 July, 2007 05:56, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Sickness, death, and heart attacks...you plate sounds full at the moment.

Thinking of you...

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home