Wednesday, April 18

Gun Control

"ABC News reported that one of the guns, a 9mm Glock, and ammunition were purchased on March 13 for $571 from a gun shop about 30 miles from the Virginia Tech campus."

Statements like this really scare me! How the heck can a 23 year old person guy a Glock?!?!?! I thought that you needed a background check for a hand gun, but maybe I am miss informed. Well after checking this site, I learned that what I was thinking about background check is specific to NY State and Virginia is a totally different story!! And the Federal Law on guns says, "Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer's and purchaser's states and localities are complied with: An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual's state of residence" (find out more here about the federal gun laws).

On another subject, here is a quote I found today which I rather enjoyed, it's from Mitch Albom's book, Tuesday With Morrie, page 84: "Mitch," he said laughing along, "even I don't know what 'spiritual' development really means. But I do know we're deficient in some way. We are too involved in materialistic things, and they don't satisfy us. The loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these things for granted."

Okay gonna post this now, but before I do, just wanted to take a minute to thank Zee for her comment on "Dogs are smart" :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 18 April, 2007 15:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just can't believe how easy it is to get a gun. Really scares me.

On a happier note, I think that Quid could do the ball in the water thing the way he's doing his digging thing recently! Tee hee.

Glad Patty can go to TX to be with the Dellavia's.

Love, Mommio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home