Tuesday, January 23

My Bestest Friend since 3rd Grade

So here is some great news from my bestest friend who I've known since I was only a wee lass - LOL.

Sorry for the lack of posting recently, but as I think I'd told you I was headed up to the Adirondacks for the weekend to find my diploma from Norwich (check), scan & email to London (after a bit of work, check), dinner & sleep over at Maureen & Bob's house (check), fall down stairs at M&B's house & sprain my ankle (check, oh right that wasn't on the list of things to do, but I added it in).

Catch up (for those who care). Arrived on Friday night, had dinner with dad, watched Footloose on DVD. Woke up Saturday morning, had some breakfast & up into the attic I went, found the box of mom's shoes which we wanted to mail to her & after bumping my head into an overhead beam I hadn't noticed I suddenly saw no, not stars, but a box with a diploma sticking out - YEAH!!!! I grabbed it & climbed back down to the main room. Dad & I looked at the diploma & realized we'd have to get it reduced in size in order to send to LSHTM, so we made the day's plan. Lunch at 1pm with my friends Bob & Jane from Paradox Lake at an awesome place in Schroon Lake (name I cannot recall right now), then continue on up to Plattsburgh to Staples & Best Buy, then to Loon Lake for dinner at Maureen & Bob's house.

When we got to Plattsburgh, we discovered that the diploma was too big for them to scan & reduce, we would need a blue print place, which was not open until Monday. BUT we were able to get a few other errands done, like buying an electric heating pad and buying a digital camera battery charger.

We had a fantastic dinner of beef stew, beer bread & corn bread. Then we chatted till around 11pm before heading to bed. Sunday morning we woke up, had Bob's breakfast of over easy eggs, sausage, and the famous home fries (best I've ever had!) I ran out to start my car since it was -2F, after a few minutes Dad & I got our stuff together, said our goodbye's & started down the stairs. I thought I was done with the steps when I suddenly realized I had another 2 to go, so I tried to stop myself from falling but it was too late, down I went & felt a weird feeling with lots of burning in my ankle. Luckily Dad was with me so he was drove me to Saranac Lake Adirondack Medical Center's ER, where I changed all of my contact info, filled out the form to say I didn't have any medical coverage/insurance. I was in & out of there in about an hour I think, luckily for me there were not too many others in the ER so I was in & out of the xray room in no time at all - "nothing broken, just a bad sprain, stay out of work for 3 days (no problemo as I'm unemployed!!), crutches for 2 weeks, ice, Motrin, elevate etc. We headed back to Patty's house in Adk (where Dad is living right now) and I've been hanging out there ever since. Well actually I went on a mini road trip yesterday to Glens Falls to get my diploma scanned & reduced, which we were able to do, YEAH! While down in GF we also got some stuff at Staples, had lunch at Red Lobster, visited our friend Shirley (who turns 89 on Monday), mailed a box of shoes to Mom at the UPS Store, and went food shopping. For most of these events I sat in the car, but it was nice to get some fresh air & not be stuck on the couch for 3 days straight!!

Last night my friend Jim called from London to tell me that he had been able to pay my storage unit (ya know since my credit card was buggered I couldn't pay it) we had a great hour long catch up chat and today I managed to call a good friend in SL & talk with him for an hour, he's been having a rough few days so I was glad that I could speak with him & get a chance to catch up.

So aside from all that excitement the only other really important news to remind you all about is that Thursday is my 29th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I accept cash, checks, money orders, donations of any sort, just leave a comment & I'll let you know where to send them :)

Well my feet are starting to get really cold & I still have to help dad install his digital camera software, so I'm gonna get going, tarra xx

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 24 January, 2007 15:13, Blogger Andrew said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself.

 
At 26 January, 2007 19:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are recovered and could drive to CT. love dad

 
At 28 January, 2007 17:09, Blogger loulabelle said...

HEY!
I have finally recovered my username and password so you may soon see an update on my blog :)

Hope you are well
Talk soon
LouXXX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home