Thursday, January 18

GM hens lay eggs that attack cancer

Thanks to Zee, who is interested in this cool article because she was diagnosed with MS this past year. For those of you who know nothing about this disease, here are a few interesting facts, from the MS Society. MS is is a condition of the central nervous system and probably the most common disabling neurological condition affecting young adults. It is most often diagnosed in people between the ages of 20 and 40, with women almost twice as likely to develop it as men. Why is it called MS you ask, well 'Multiple' refers to the many different areas of the central nervous system that may have damaged myelin while the word 'sclerosis' comes from the Greek 'skleros' meaning hard and in MS, hard areas called plaques, lesions or scars develop around the nerves. If you need more info please check out their website, Multiple Sclerosis Society of the UK.

Plus I have to take this opportunity to plug one of my new PJs I got for Christmas this pair was from Anne & John. My other coolio ones came from my sister, but sadly, I don't have a link to them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home