Thursday, September 14

Not too exciting but . . .

Yesterday I woke up at my normal "I don't have anything to do today" time (09.30), showered, had a quick breakfast & headed out to get my hair cut, came back to the flat to change my shirt, jumped on the first southbound northern line train that luckily was going via Bank (so I could get to Kings Cross & transfer to the Circle line seeing as Amanda lives in Paddington). Of course on arrival KC tube has announcements about the Circle & District lines having "severe delays" so I went to call Amanda & tell her I might be delayed but then I realised I didn't have my phone, YIKES, how was I ever going to find Amanda's place?!?!?! I caught the first Circle line train & luckily when I arrived at Paddington I was able to recall which way we walked once before when I went to her place.

I helped Amanda pack up all her stuff which took about 2 hours & then we went off to Covent Garden to get presents for her family. But for some reason (probably b/c it's still tourist season over here) the prices were nearly double what she had paid months ago so we dropped that idea and instead got our selves some tea & sat chatting in the center of CG. We decided it was time to go when not just one but two pigeons crapped on our table! There were umbrellas up above the tables even though the whole area is ordered by a ceiling, but ya know it's for aesthetics! So the birds were sitting on the edge of the umbrella, just over our table & you know how the rest goes! From there we went & bought a pocket size guide book to Paris, window shopped for a bit, then went to get a margarita at the good Mexican restaurant, La Perla, just one one of the side streets of CG. At 16.45 we wondered into the Australian Store as it is called, to see what all they had & we discovered Kraft Mac & Cheese, Ruffles Potato Chips, Skippy peanut butter, and a few other items from "home", of course we would discover this days before leaving!!!! From there we made our way to CG tube station to meet up with Doug & Dom.

All 4 of us went to
Belgo's for dinner. They have a deal where depending on when you come in for your dinner you pay in £s the time that you eat, so since we ordered at 5.15pm, we paid £5.15. Of course there is a set menu, but listen to the choices: mussels (which I had & were fantastic!!), pastry stuffed with mushrooms in cream sauce (Dom & Doug had this & we all know my yuck factor when it comes to mushrooms & I thought they tasted fantastic!!)pastryry covered in roasted vegetables & topped with grilled goat cheese, or a half chicken with some sort of fancy sauce which I've now forgotten. PLUS you get a half pint of beer, small glass of wine, or a pint of soda with your meal all for just £5.15, how can you beat that!?!?!?!?!?

After dinner we went to get coffee & sit outside to chat since it was our last night together :( Amanda flies home EARLY Friday morning and Dom goes home to Eastbourne today and Doug will have to spend his first night in his new flat (which by the way if you stick your head out the window you can see Buckingham palace . . . I like to say he's my mate who lives next to Queen Elizabeth). After hot chocolate & coffees were done we rthoughtgthehte rain to get back to Covent Garden tube station & headed home. I was home by 21.30.

Today, Dad & I are off to see a flat up in Muswell Hill & then Dad is heading off to Patrick's for the weekend. Tomorrow Rob & I are off to Kew Gardens (barring rain). Saturday Sohel & I are off to Oxford (to see Beth), Sunday I'm not sure yet, but probably try to hit up the Thames Festival and dad booked dinner with a friend of his in Regents Park (not sure what we will do with Jim, as I made plans with him & now Dad has double booked us) AND Monday we're off to Paris!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home