Tuesday, September 5

Labour Day

On Sunday after going to the Spanish Festival for the afternoon with Jeremy, Nick, and Louise, we went to Speakers Corner to see what was being spoken about, then just wondered through the park a bit & found a nice sunny spot to hang out in. Jeremy & Nick practiced their juggling, while Lou & I just enjoyed doing nothing :) On my way back to KT that evening Rob called me to see if I was around since he was going to be in KT for a bit, so I met up with him at the pub. After about an hour I got tired so I went home & went to bed.

Well as you can easily guess it was not Labour Day here yesterday, but I did have the day off so I slept in, showered & was checking emails when Rob called to see if I fancied meeting up for lunch in the city centre, as I had nothing to do I figured it would be nice to get out of the flat for a bit. I met him at Leicester Square at 2.15 and we went to
The Texas Embassy for lunch. After that we decided to take a wonder through Green Park, Mr. ADD decided he wanted to go on the millennium wheel (London Eye) so we meandered through the horse guard, past Downing Street, down Whitehall Street, past Big Ben, over the Thames & found out that the queue was 30 minutes and the cost was £11.75, as I said before I was hanging out with Mr ADD so we ditched the Eye in order to check out Kew Gardens. Now for anyone familiar with London, Kew Gardens is not at all close to Westminster (where we were) and what I did not realise was how late it was in the day, but off we trotted over to Westminster tube station to catch the District line out towards Richmond. 2 trains later we got off at Kew Gardens, took a quick peak at a map & off my faithful (but hopeless with directions) mate started down the road. We had walked about 7 minutes down the road when I noticed a sign saying North Road & I was darn sure we were suppose to be on Litchfield instead. Luck for us there was a nice woman walking down the pavement towards us so Rob asked her if we were going in the correct direction, she giggled & said no, you need to go back to the station, go up over the tracks & follow the signs. We turned around with a bit ofembarrassmentt & headed back to the station. Up over the tracks & down into an area covered with signs for Kew Gardens, low & behold the street we wanted as well! Down Litchfield we went observing that most people were going in the opposite direction to us, but that did not stop us, we'd made it all the way down & we were not turning back even if it was 5.15pm. We got to the Victoria Gate at KG only to read a sign that said gates close at 5.30pm. So we peaked through the gates a bit & then headed back to the station once again. This time we got the Silverlink train to Kentish Town West. We walked up to the pub from there & met up with Mark, who neither of us had seen in over a month! It was a nice mini reunion :) When I got home I called my mate Shannon back in the US & was lucky enough to talk to her & Eric. All in all (even with getting lost & never getting to do what we set out to do) it was a good Labour Day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home