Tuesday, September 12

Thoughts

So life in London has been a bit crazy as you have all probably been following but for those who asked for a quick recap here we go . . . the end of school was exciting yet anti-climatic, as I'm sure most are well aware of from their own experiences at the end of the school year.

Compounding that I also had a friend of mine who had been stationed in Afghanistan visiting that last week so it was a bit hectic to say the least but nice to see him & I had 2 of my mates who are police officers in London take him out for the first two nights he was here, so that made it a bit less stressful.

Since then I've been spending most of my time going from goodbye party to goodbye party & trying to get in the last bit of tourist stuff with people who will never be here again. Dad also arrived last Tuesday to spend the month at my flat, visiting friends & helping me pack up. We've also been to check out different neighbourhoods since I will not be able to live where I do now when I get back in November.

Of course coming back in Nov is still a very fluid plan as I have yet to hear about a work permit & so everything sort of hinges on that which makes it very hard to make any sort of concrete decision & makes my stomach be in that constant sort of uneasiness, not panic, just unknown which is never really fun. BUT even with all of that I still love London & hope that this work permit goes through so I can easily come back & find a place for my 2 year post.

Today we checked out the Muswell Hill area, very nice "town" feeling to it & affordable as well. Some will tell you, "you're just paying for the 'village' look", but I rather liked the area, it's got lost of shopping close by, has 24 hour bus access to & from where I will be working & is only about 20 minutes (by bus) north of where I live now, so I can still pop into my local on the way home to visit with my mates there AND Jim & Rob live 20 minutes north of the MH area so they'd be on the same bus as me at night (added bonus).

Tonight Dom & Amanda are coming up to KT & we're having dinner at mine. Just found out that there will probably be a showing of my flat at 6.30/7 so it should be good fun to have the flat smelling of food instead of smoke from the guy downstairs. Will of course have to take down the laundry that has been drying.

Also just found out that Owen (the drunk at my local) touched one of the barmaids on the arse on Friday night, I so wish I'd been there because I would have called Jim & Rob on my mobile, while punching him with my free hand (since I know J&R would back me up 110%). I was a "victim" of Owen once before, luckily for me he was stupid enough to do it to me when I was dating Jim & standing in between both of them, so it took Jim about 2 seconds to figure out it was not him touching me. That resulted in Owen getting a rather harsh "talking to" from Jim. Since that time has basically avoided me because he knows that even withJim & I not dating anymore, that Jim, Rob, & I are super close and he must mind his Ps and Qs, course every once in awhile he forgets when I come in with new people he doesn't know and he feels the need to come over & try to chat me up. I'm also really pissed off at the managers for not immediately kicking him out, but then again the barmaid didn't make a big stink about it either. It just gets me going sometimes cause he's just such a skeeze (sp?) bucket!!!!!!

Okay, dad's getting anxious, he's a bit thirsty & I promised we could go to the pub when I got done with the internet - as if the pub is going anywhere, LOL - Tarra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home