Monday, July 17

IHC question

I'm not sure how many people who read this blog will be able to help, but we're sorta stuck at the mo, so I'm asking anyone who will listen . . .

Has anyone ever done FOXP3 staining on paraffin sections? I've finally got it working but have discovered you really have to use 1mM EDTA pH8 buffer. I want to be able to double stain my tonsil sections with CD4 and FOXP3, BUT I can't get the CD4 to work with this EDTA treatment . . . any ideas?!?!?

E-Bioscience, BD, and Serotec don't have a clue, since they primarily use the Ab for FACS. BD actually doesn't even have a FOXP3 Ab, the rep on Friday told me "if we don't have it, it must not be that important, have you looked into CD127?" WOW are they high on themselves!!

Okay, any suggestions are more than welcome . . . I know the majority of you have no clue what I've just said & those that understand it don't do a lot of IHC, but I'm grasping at straws.

UPDATE:
I might have found a CD4 and CD8 Ab from Serotec that will work on paraffin sections, gonna try to get a smigin for free to test to see if it works with my *crazy* buffer (that's what Alero likes to call it)

1 Comments:

At 18 July, 2006 16:07, Blogger PCS said...

Email Mike Tigh with the question

 

Post a Comment

<< Home