Friday, May 12

Mother's Day

So as most of you know Mother's Day is this coming Sunday. So last Friday I wrapped mom's present, wrote out her card & off to the post I went. In the card I wrote about how Mother's day in the UK was back in March & how I'd had to buy the card then, keep it safe & then remember to mail it in time. I was very proud of myself for getting the timing down just right!!

The other day she called to say thank you for the shirt. To my surprise she didn't mention the card, so I asked about it:
"What? Where was it?" (Mom)
"Yah know the big purple card taped to the outside of the parcel, used for your address. I forgot to put the card inside, so I taped it to the outside, figured you'd notice since it was purple and all" (me)
"Oh . . . . . . Let me check the garbage . . . (rumbling noises as she goes through the bin) . . . Yuck, that's not it . . .(more rumbling noises) . . . . Well today was uhh, garbage day . . . Maybe I threw it out . . . let me go check and I'll let you know" (Mom)

So today she called to tell me a funny story about a rat in her yard, which Quid had discovered. Tentatively I asked, "So did you ever find the card?" long pause followed by some giggling and then a "noooo?" and more giggling!

Remember, my mom's a natural blonde as well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home