Friday, May 12

Life update

I just got out of the shower - been a slow day for me . . . woke up at 10am, got down from the loft, had some Cheerios & tea, checked email, talked to Mike T on Skype, watched Napoleon Dynamite, checked email again, showered, now sitting in my dressing gown (robe) checking email again.

Looks like we're gonna get some sort of heavy rain storm, it was sunnier earlier, but getting darker & that funny quiet before the storm kinda look, except that we don't seem to get thunderstorms here at all, I've only had one in the 8 months I've been here and it was while we were in the middle of a hail storm in Wales (go figure).

Did I tell you about my day yesterday? No, I don't think I did, so I had classes from 10-12, then sat outside with my mates from uni having lunch in the park across the road, then back to uni to meet up with Amanda, we went over to
Russell Square.
We were going to read, but ended up just chatting for 2 hours while watching pigeons try to "get it on" along with some interesting people watching as well. The coolest part was when the mounted police came through the park. There's a fountain in the middle of RS that just pops up from the side walk.

One of the horses was scared so he just sorta stood back, while the other went to drink of the edge, slowly he stepped further into it to "sip" from the center spout, which is quite a bit higher & I'm guessing stronger pressure. When he got to this one, it obviously squirted right up his nose & so he'd turn his head to the side & make a funny face to get rid of it, then right back into the spray for some more. It went on for about 3 minutes, it was so cute!

At 3pm, we headed back to uni. I went to the library until MissyLou (flatmate) showed up at around 5.30pm, we then walked back to Jeremy's flat (Lou's bf) and decided since it was such a nice day to go to
Regent's Park (which I had not been to yet).

We walked over there, found a nice spot where we could sit in the sun & Jeremy attempted to teach us how to juggle - don't worry as soon as I get the photos I'll send them - they are hysterical, MissyLou & I look like total freaks - contorted faces with balls flying all over the place primarily landing on the ground - LMAO!! Around 8.40pm we left the park went back to J's and had chili with rice for dinner. I got back to my flat around 11.15pm and just went to bed.

I like this statue b/c it reminds me of summer camp & of my "brothers"!!

Well I best go figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my afternoon/evening - might grab a curry with Susan & Rob (if I can find the boy) Jim's home this weekend (helping his mom since she had that heart attack a few weeks ago.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home