Tuesday, April 4

Monday & Tuesday in review

Susan came up to KT around 1pm. We were just about to start studying when my mobile rang. It was Jim who was on his way to the pub and wanted to hang out b/c he was bored. He's now done with his 12 hour night shifts and has the month off, but now doesn't know what to do with all this free time!! Susan & I went down to chat with him for a bit then back to study for 2 hours.

Susan & I made
Rice Krispy Treats last night after dinner. We had gone for a curry with Rob at around half 7. When we were done we were both craving some sort of sweet for dessert. Rob headed straight back to the pub, while we went looking for something to munch on. We found nothing appealing so we came home & found the recipe for RK treats.

In the mean time Rob had txt'd me asking if we'd figured out dessert or if we wanted to join him at the pub for a sugary lemonade. On our way to Somerfield's we popped into the pub & left him a note that we were going shopping (he was in the toilet). Jade (one of the barmaids) was so excited & asked if we could bring her one down when they were done - I said sure.

So to make a rather long shopping expedition (finding marshmallows isn't that easy in Kentish Town!!) We could only find pink & white ones so we gave it a go. It did work, but their mallows are definitely diff than ours in the states.

Brought down a sample for Jade, Jos, Jeremy (bar staff) and Rob. Everyone loved them aside from Rob - he'd never had one before & wasn't so much impressed by them. Said it was too sweet for his liking.


Susan spent the night and when we got up this morning we studied from 11-1pm. Then made some spiral pasta with sauce, fresh grated cheese, and garlic bread - YUM! We then studied for another hour before calling Amanda to find out details about our trip to Wales this weekend - we didn't figure much more out aside from we're tentatively leaving at 11am on Friday.

Just as Susan was about to leave my mobile rang & it was Jon (guy I met at the hostel in Dublin) he was calling to invite me up to Oxford for the day tomorrow - so now I'm looking up the coach schedule so he can meet me at the station in Oxford since I don't know my way around at all! That's my 2 days in a nut shell.

Just FYI, it's still very bright outside :) Sun doesn't set until 7.37pm tonight, LOVE IT!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home