Wednesday, March 15

Grading at LSHTM

Nothing much exciting to report aside from the fact that I think I'm going to become a writer instead of an immunologist because I did better on my grant proposal than I did my exam, go figure!!

I got the highest grade in the class and considering I'm in class with students who got full rides to Duke, Stamford, Oxford, & Cambridge and I only have my little "well rounded" Norwich education I must have done something right :)

Grading over here goes like this:

E = none of the major points present, serious lack of understanding, or not submitted

D = a few points are included but lack of understanding is shown with irrelevant points

C = sufficient importation in included not all major points are discussed and there may be some errors

B = major points discussed, less important considerations omitted

B+ = a full discussion of the topic that includes all relevant information and critical evaluation

A = same as B+ but with the addition of going beyond conventional answer & bringing in additional relevant ideas & materials.

According to the course organizer nobody ever gets an A, those are reserved for at the end of the year, if you have a B+ average then the committee gets together to decide if you're qualified for a "distinction" and then they can give you an A. So what I guess I'm trying to say is that my B+ is really great!

Okay off to eat my dinner which MissyLou has made - I think tonight is hamburgers with coldslaw & salad night (yum)

2 Comments:

At 15 March, 2006 20:26, Blogger PCS said...

You eat that mad cow hamburger and you won't have a brain for long.

 
At 15 March, 2006 20:37, Blogger Sara said...

Well you only live once, I've chosen to live on the edge!! Now making a presentation on IFNg receptor deficiency - sounds like fun huh?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home