Monday, February 13

Short London Walkabout

What is this stuff about? What's going on in my native country?? I just literally ran into the security guard at COOP down the road and when I went to apologize he said, "oh no worries, you've got a great smile" so I said sorta under my breathe "it's cause I'm American" (I don't find British woman to be all that smiley, but maybe it's just me) he apparently heard me and said, "oh I love your accent, but what's going on in your country?" I had no clue what he was referring to because off the top of my head I could think of many things - mostly when people say that sort of comment they want to know we (Americans) like our president. So I asked what exactly he was talking about and he mentioned the shooting - I legged it home and got on CNN.com to find out & low & behold the security guard had the whole story correct!!

Well back to photos - her's a great photo of this year's SLWC castle, thanks to DM.


Here are some photos around central London from when Susan & I took our little walk earlier today before our meetings about summer projects (fingers crossed!!) So you can have your bearings (if you know London) we left LSHTM, walked down Gower Street to New Oxford and turned left (east) and took that onto High Holborn then turned south by Holborn tube station and found a cool square which I forget the name (old age is kicking in now that I'm 28!) and so we walked through there and found this building to photograph.hotel of some sort - forget now what the sign said, but the whole square was private & we couldn't get inside, so we decided to keep walking down the road until we saw this,

the back entrance to the Royal Courts of Justice which made us want to find the front, so we popped down a little road and found the front,

Nice building huh!!!!

Nearly forgot that on our way there we found a pub called, Princess Louise, so in honour of my flatmate (who is currently in Italy on holiday with her boyfriend) we took this photo - if only I had photoshop & knew how to super impose her face!!!

Well that's about all for photos of my walk about - it was only 45 minutes long since we had meetings to be at by 2pm, but it was nice to see a section of the city that we hadn't seen before!

I have to get going - I'm meeting Bianca in a few at the Assembly House.

Can't believe I almost forgot this cool clock photo!!
Ta-ra :)

1 Comments:

At 13 February, 2006 21:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ALMOST V-DAY BIG SIS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home