Wednesday, February 8

Morning grant writing break

So the SUN IS SHINING this morning here in Kentish Town, well I should probably say here in London!! We went to sleep during a wind & rain storm that both Lou & I were happy we were not standing outside waiting for that darn 134 that always seems to be running late :)

So I forgot last night to tell you about my wonderful dinner - I know that's because I was trying to be so good in writing my grant, but now I need another break so you're stuck hearing about Wagamama's behind the British Museum. Actually it's in front of the BM for those of you who enter the museum from the normal (front) entrance. For those of us coming from LSHTM, we enter via the back so to us the restaurant location is behind the museum . . . Guess life is just all about how you approach things!!

So Louise, Susan & I went to Wagamama's for dinner last night after our fun filled day at uni. Louise was in classes most of the day, while Susan & I sat in the basement computer lab and stressed out over our grant proposals!! We were there for so long during the day we got to watch the network have 2 glitches - those were really fun moments when people in the lab started to cry because they hadn't saved any of their term paper yet - don't you know by the time you come to get a masters or PhD that computers crash & you should always have a few copies of your documents - apparently not, as was evident yesterday by hysterical people crying & running for IT support. I must admit it was a little bit like comic relief for Susan & myself since we had our jump disks & were not relying on the server to save our documents.

Ah I've drifted again . . . Right, back to my dinner story. So at 5.45pm we all met in reception at LSHTM & decided to head over to Wagamama's for some dinner. I had amai udon, Susan had amai udon, and Louise had chicken katsu curry (same as mine just with chicken instead of vegetables). It was all ready good & for dessert we had wild berry sorbet!! Sorry I don't have photos of us at the restaurant, but I do have some lovely photos of the desserts that they offer.

Aren't you hungry for one of those now?????
I am and I just had my breakfast of yoghurt and tea!

Back to grant writing fun :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home