Monday, August 30

Sunday Fun Day

Today I was very busy!  I woke up and after faffing about at home for awhile, I decided today would be a good day to re-plant some house plants I was given by a dear friend who is moving to California.  So off I went to Home Depot, where I might add had what I wanted, but the employees were useless and rude!  I went in looking for pots and came out with 6 pots and 5 new house plants.  On my way home I decided I'd stop in at the Super Stop & Shop to get my groceries for the week.  After picking up the essentials (fruit, veggies, milk, yoghurt, and chicken) I headed home.  Put the cold stuff in the fridge and decided to start with the re-potting.  I put a black garbage bag on the kitchen floor and went to town . . . 8 plants re-potted, one in need of re-potting, but a lack of potting soil stopped the process.  Then the harder part of figuring out where these new plants should "live".  A quick lunch and then I decided I needed to put the book cases together cause they were getting in my way in their boxes in my living room.  One turned out to be wrong in the packaging, so the top had to go upside down, but that's okay, since they will soon be covered in books & picture frames . . . that is as soon as I have room to put them in the spare bedroom.  Completion of the book cases only made me realise how much I really needed to clear a few more boxes out of my spare bedroom, which I successfully did, but now have the problem of empty plastic storage boxes which I have no where to put . . . problem solved when dad called later today to announce he will take them when he comes to visit in Sept.  In clearing out the room I realised I had a 5"x5" box full of coins, $15 in dimes $2 in pennies and $2 in nickels already rolled, but the rest was all loose & since the bank's not open to get more rollers and under the advisement of my sister, I went back to Super Stop & Shop to the Coin Machine, where I processed 2 dollars, 69 quarters, 243 dimes, 160 nickels, and 506 pennies and turned it into an iTunes gift card for $56.61.  Pretty awesome if you ask me!!  I also managed to make 3 large bags of rubbish to throw out, but as it's 95F outside I'm going to wait until it's cooler to bring them out to the skip!  Now I'm about to watch Princess Diaries on abc family.  I think all in all it was a very successful day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home