Tuesday, July 13

The Move

On Saturday, dad & I loaded up all the stuff which has been sitting in storage for the past 5 years and piled it into a 14' U-haul truck, with room to spare as we'd wanted the 10' truck but that wasn't available.  On Sunday we left at 8am to drive down here.  We arrived at 1.15pm.  By 1.45pm the unloaders I'd hired had arrived and were ready to go.  By 3pm it was all in my new flat & the fun of unpacking began.  After a short unpacking stint, we moved onto the shopping part of the day.

Yesterday we returned the U-haul truck, went to Bed Bath & Beyond and Wal-Mart before meeting up with John for lunch.  After lunch, John took us to Costco's to buy a 42" telly, dvd player & surround sound speakers.  Then he went back to Boston, we dropped the stuff at home & proceeded into Boston.  After a few snacks at John's house, we went to Bob's Discount Furniture to look at prices & ended up buying a couch, matching chair, coffee table, 2 end tables, 2 lamps which will all be delivered on Friday.

Today I have my pre-employment physical in the afternoon & right now I should be unloading my car & unpacking, but instead I'm taking a break to check email & updated my blog . . . okay I better get going now, it's nearly 9am!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home