Tuesday, August 12

jabby, jab, jab (okay only 2 jabs & 24 pills)

But the jabs bloody hurt!!! Funny story about how I ended up getting jabs . . . I went looking for a new dress for Jim & Beck's wedding this coming Saturday since I heard that some stores had good end of summer sales on (like Coast and FCUK) and as they are just round the corner from work I figured I'd give it a go, but sale prices mean they went from £145 down to £95, so in my mind it's not such a good deal, PLUS I do have a dress which I can wear :-)

On my way back to work I remembered I promised my mate Nim that I'd get her a black pashmina so I grabbed that from the street vendor outside of Russell Sqaure Station & then also remembered I needed to get my Yellow Fever jab, Hep A booster, & anit-malaria's before I go to Rwanda in October. Now that might seem like a bit of a random thought when shopping for dresses, but on the way to the Brunswick Centre, there is a travel clinic attached to an STA Travel store . . . so I popped my head in to make an appt and lucky me they had an opening immediately :-( Filled out the forms, signed my life away, got 2 jabs in my left arm, two twelve pack boxes of Malarone, my yellow fever certificate and I was set to go. When I went to pay for all of these fun filled things, they announced I get 10% off everything in the store . . . did I need anything? NO, did I want anything? maybe . . . found the Lonely Planet Guide to Prague and picked that up since I'll be going there weekend after this one with Dad & Patty, not that 10% off a £10 book is that much, but every little bit counts!! Too bad that discount doesn't make your arm feel any better. I did read that the potential "worst" days will be from day 4 to 7, which after I'd had the jab I calculated to be Saturday through Tuesday, maybe that was poor planning on my part, but whatever, it's now done & over with & I don't have to worry about it anymore :-)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12 August, 2008 17:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, glad to read it was INTENTIONAL and not some accident!

sorry for your pain but all in a good cause.

see you in Prague SOON!

 
At 14 August, 2008 09:18, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

OK...I have strange dyslexia at times and it is NOT OK to type stores like FCUK in your blog! I had to read that three times!!!!

Linda D. in Seattle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home