Tuesday, March 18

A380's

So the Airbus A380 super-jumbo jet has completed its first European commercial flight from Singapore to London. It arrived 15 minutes early & safely in London today, see photos here

Heathrow's had to construct a special pier at Terminal 3 to accommodate A380s planes, now that British Airways, Virgin, and Emirates.

Airbus says that the A380's impact on the environment is low as it burns 17% less fuel per seat than the current largest airliner, I think that's pretty cool!

As some of you may already know my obsession with this airplane is that my sister use to work on the A380 engine which Pratt & Whitney is making - their engine was not the one on today's plane, but will be going on some others in the future. (BTW she's not on that engine anymore)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 19 March, 2008 12:00, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I took liberty to fill in a blank on one of your lines in your post...it goes like this, "By the way, my SISTER is not on that engine anymore". Can I BORROW that??? It is so "rich" with meaning! LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 20 March, 2008 09:58, Blogger Sara said...

sure borrow it anytime :) glad you enjoyed it!

 
At 22 March, 2008 18:05, Blogger carmilevy said...

When the A380 flew into Montreal a couple of months ago on a demo flight, the local media went nuts and turned it into a circus. I'm sorry I couldn't be back in my old hometown - it was an amazing day from the looks of it.

Cool to see folks getting excited about aviation again. It really is a magical field, and your sister's lucky to be a part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home