Sunday, February 17

president's day weekend in review

Just realised it's President's Day weekend in the states, so most of you hard working American's will be off tomorrow, whilst I'll be busy working in London.

I had a very productive weekend, considering how sick I had been last week. Luckily I felt much better on Friday & was able to go to work for a full day :) Didn't do anything on Friday night, aside from getting a nice curry take away, for ONLY £3.95, which is VERY cheap for London prices!!

On Saturday I got up around 9am, showered, had breakfast, went to the post office & picked up a package which didn't fit through my mail slot. Brought it home, had a glass of water & headed to Tufnell Park tube station, where I got on the Northern line southbound via bank (that's the branch) - got off at Euston, switched to northbound Victoria line and rode all the way out to Walthamstow Central station. Met up with my mate Jenny, about 15 minutes later Adam & Genny showed up as well. From there we went to check out the Walthamstow market - the longest (distance) daily open market in all of Europe! I was overwhelmed by the amount of stalls on the street. We wandered for a bit, checked things out & listened to the stall owners yelling out their offers, competing with the other nearby stalls.

After 2 hours, we were rather cold, so we popped into a cafe & had a hot chocolate. From there we went to Sainbury's and got some food for lunch, before we went back to Jenny's house. We spent the rest of the afternoon chatting, eating and having a good time. At 5pm I left to meet up with Rob at Kings Cross for dinner. From there we went to Camden Market (obviously the part that wasn't burned down) and had some Vietnamese food followed by stopping at the pub to hang out with some of our mates. At 10pm I was knackered so I headed home.

This morning I woke up & decided there were lots of things I wanted/needed to do, so I finished watching The Notebook, which I had started watching last night, but fell asleep (stop laughing mum!!) Then got up outta bed, showered, had breakfast, and decided first I would check out the gym across the road (literally 4 store fronts away). I really liked it so I signed up since I've been meaning to join a gym for awhile now & just have been too darn lazy to make the move, but today I did (yeah me). From there I went to Sainsbury and grabbed a few items.

After that I came home, called mum, spoke to her, whilst looking online for a hoover from Argos. I found a really nice one which was onsale, look at the advert:
Perfect for homes with pets. 2400 watts. Turbo brush for picking up pet hair. Variable power. 3.25 litre dust capacity. Washable anti-bacterial filtration. Foot operated cord rewind and on/off control. Chrome extension tubes.
since I normally find lots of hair on the floor, I thought this feature might be a really good idea. Reserved it online, got off phone with mum, got ready to go out again & off I trundled to Camden Town's Argos. Picked it up along with a new head for my Sonicare electric toothbrush.

Upon returning home, I hoovered the flat, wow, what a difference that made :) I then made banana nut muffins (see last Friday's post for recipe), did 2 loads of laundry, and now just writing this post, before I veg out. I know I'm going to have a busy week, preview:
Monday night is "cheap ethnic food dinner challenge"
Tuesday night is sushi with Lara
Wednesday night is gym induction night
Thursday and Friday night I have nothing yet . . .

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 17 February, 2008 18:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I ENVY your freedom. I can't even hoover when I want!

So... what was in the package?

 
At 17 February, 2008 19:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray for the "hoover" good show love mum

and specially thanks for the UK mother's day card, I did the word substitution AND my head isn't bloated (but thanks for the reminder!!!!

XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO
Mommio

 
At 17 February, 2008 19:52, Blogger Sara said...

susiej:
i envy you as well, i don't have your cute kids around entertaining me, so hoover has to entertain me - lol

mummio:
tried to send the card for march 2nd, but i some how pressed the wrong button (opps) i didn't think your head would get bloated :) xx

 
At 17 February, 2008 19:54, Blogger Sara said...

almost forgot to answer your question susiej . . . the package was a new sport bra from bravissimo

 
At 18 February, 2008 16:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't really do President's Day here in the midwest so I'm hard at work. Even after our HUGE ice storm yesterday. Hilarious because ALL the pres nominees were in WI yesterday and stranded! Well, it's funny to me. Glad you're feeling better!!! Welcome back!

 
At 19 February, 2008 16:56, Blogger Andrew said...

Bah. Norwich, in it's wisdom, doesn't believe in holidays. Meh.

 
At 19 February, 2008 19:52, Blogger Sara said...

Sorry to see US universities aren't in favour of holidays :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home