Wednesday, September 5

Quote from a favourite movie of mine

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinions starting to make out we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. Seems to me that love is everywhere. Often not particularly dignified or news worthy, but always there. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the twin towers as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board where messages of hated or revenge. They were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling, you'll find that love really is . . . all around."

I think sometimes we all forget this fact & it's nice to have a lil reminder about it. Okay, so can you name the movie?!??!!

(I'll put a hint in the comment box, in case you need it)

5 Comments:

At 05 September, 2007 23:15, Blogger Sara said...

Hugh Grant said it in the 2004 movie

 
At 06 September, 2007 05:17, Blogger LindseyO said...

Easy - that's from Love Actually!

Good flick. :)

 
At 06 September, 2007 14:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Actually! I love that quote! I think about it often. And saw it happen when I picked Dom up from the airport. I almost started crying watching everyone see each other! Is that strange?

 
At 08 September, 2007 15:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i did not have a clue about which movie! nice quote and a positive thought in a negative world. dad

 
At 08 September, 2007 17:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to that quote! thanks for the bright outlook

love, mommio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home