Saturday, September 1

my best mate's fiance!

I think I've mentioned that Jim's engaged, right? Well if not . . . secret's out, he's engaged to Rebekah, aka Becks. So I met the future Mrs Strother tonight and she seems really sweet, a bit shy, but understandable seeing as Jim & I can talk for hours about absolutely nothing. BUT the few times he left us alone to go to the toilet or get us drinks we were able to chat & I think we'll get along really well, which makes me happy since I've not even slightly enjoyed all of the other girlfriend's he's had in the past 2 years since we met!!

I might meet up with them again tomorrow or Sunday before she leaves to go home, but I have a very positive feeling so far, which makes me happy for him, since as I think I've told you before, I've only seen once before in my life the smile he gets when he mentions her name, and NEVER before has he said such positive things about any girl.

I'm looking forward to being "the best girl" at their wedding next August, just need something to wear and a date (anyone fancy flying over to London & driving up to Nottingham with me?), luckily I have a year to sort it all out

Alright, I'm off to bed now as it is 01.05!!

3 Comments:

At 01 September, 2007 02:06, Blogger jen said...

that's great that you guys got along. i almost never like my friends' significant others.

how does he know her if they don't live in the same city?

 
At 01 September, 2007 11:51, Blogger Sara said...

Jim grew up in Nottingham so they when he still lived back home (over 3 years ago). She's looking for jobs in London, but doesn't wanna move till she has one.

 
At 02 September, 2007 08:24, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

It's always "nicer" when one likes the spouse of a best friend. I've had those experiences where I think, "What were you thinking bringing this person permanently into our circle?!?" Very possessive about my "circles" as you can see...LOL

I'm making the rounds apologizing for not getting to the comments of my favorite bloggers...been reading, just unable to find anything humorous or slightly intelligent to say!

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home