Friday, April 20

Me, St George & HM The Queen

So I've been putting together a list of questions which I've been receiving & have made it a separate post (rather long one at that) and just made a link to it called, "About Me - FAQ" see the right hand side for it.

After all that has been in the news recently (most of which I refuse to watch/read) I was walking to the bus stop this morning & there were two little girls walking to get the bus to school & they were just the cutest, sweetest things, chatting away about how they would never be able to talk back to their parents or disrespect an adult, so I have hope for the future again . . . yeah!

As I think some of you now know (from my cards) that Monday is St George's Day here in England, course it's not a big holiday like 4th of July in the US and according to the website sadly only 1 in 5 people know what day it is on & after being England's patron saint since the 14th century one quarter don't even know he's their patron saint! You would think they'd know since that's where their flag comes from (commonly called the St George) but I guess like American they don't seem to care about history. How many of you knew that this flag is called the Union Jack, while this flag is the St George's Cross??? Did you also know that Shakespeare was born & died on the 23rd of April?


Speaking of birthdays, Happy 81st birthday to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II tomorrow (21 April)!

Also if you have the time you should check out, The Daily Kitten, The Daily Puppy & The Daily Guppy . . . who knew

Hope you all have a nice weekend, I'm off to have a meeting with my boss about my data :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 20 April, 2007 21:01, Blogger jen said...

very interesting! the stuff about st. george and your faq!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home