Tuesday, September 26

Wednesday morning

So last night we met up with Jim & Charlotte at the Pitcher & Piano pub just a few door down from The WalkAbout (as I mentioned yesterday). We had cocktails there for £6 a pop before moving a few more doors down to what Jim, Rob & I call "The Braziliann place". Food was really good & we laughed through most of the meal telling stories about the past year, which really means Jim & I took the piss outta each other with Charlotte throwing in a few hysterical Jim stories from the past month & a half they've known each otherr. When dinner was done, we walked J&C to their bus stop (heading towards Finsbury Park) & then walked around the corner to get our bus back to KT.

My back is feeling much better today, I think that is about 90% due to the fact that my job in moving stuff to storage yesterday was to "watch" the trolley on the pavement, while Rob & Dad ran up & down the stairs with the boxes, then we walked it across the road, and again Rob put all the boxes into the storage unit.

Today we're off to visit Patrick for "tea". Now as I have learned in my year here, tea means sandwiches, cakes (sometimes some of those caramel-chocolate digestive cookies that I love so much) & tea - sorta like a light dinner, but dad is INSISTING we're just drinking tea . . . we'll see . . . maybe Patrick said he's only serving tea to drink and not to be a know-it-all but I've been to Patrick's twice this year for "tea" & it was what I described above, but we will see when we get there. So Dad is making (aka warming up)asparaguss soup, 1/2 a portion of shepherdss pie, and toasting muffins (what we in the states would call "English muffins" - have I already told you what we call muffins in the states they call "American muffins" over here - LOL)


As for always being right I'm 2 for 2 this week :) First was on Friday when we met up with Jim for drinks, Sally (barmaid at my local) said he would order a Magners & I said no he's on the Fosters at the mo, upon arrival he ordered a pint of Fosters :) Second was when Rob showed up Jos (another barmaid) thought he'd order a Guinness & I said he's off the beer so he'll have some sort of orange juice with soda water, which he did :)

In other interesting news, my mobile is back up & working, thank goodness, I felt naked without it!! I don't like the idea of being so dependent on it but with the way society is these days nobody makes plans they just say, "oh I'll call you when I'm done" or "text me when you get outta the tube" instead of "lets meet at 5pm at such and such a place", but what can ya do?!?!?!

Okay off to, hmm . . . what do I have left to do . . . oh yeah redistribute the weight between my two suitcases & start our journey to south London (Patrick lives in Stretham, about 1.5 hours from KT via tube & bus & a short walk)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home