Monday, September 25

Down to the wire

So today was a not exciting day in KT. I spent the first half of it stuck on hold on the phone with BT (phone & internet), EDF (electric), Thames Water (hopefully doesn't need explaining), Orange (mobile phone), and HSBC-UK (bank), trying to cancel services, change addresses or ask questions. Did my head in real fast since they just kept sayin, "would you mind holding for another minute" and some of them weren't 0800 numbers, they were 0845 which charges local rates!!

In fixing my mobile to work in the states, they had to shut it off for 24 hours, yet they neglected to tell me that when I made the switch so I'm feeling naked without my mobile!!

After that Dad & I went to get some lunch, buy some packing tape, mail a letter, deposit some money into my HSBC-UK account and pack a few more boxes. Around 3pm Rob showed up to help move the boxes into storage as I've some how thrown my back out not even doing anything - it started while we were in Paris :( Luckily I still had access to the box that had the Advil in it, course I don't feel any difference, but I'm ever hopeful!!

Rob, Jim, Dad & I went for afternoon drinks at the pub then they buggered off home. Rob to meet his new flatmate & Jim to shower, since he'd been on earlies today (6am - 2pm)

Tonight we have dinner with Jim at some place in Angel, forgotten the name, but don't tell dad cause he'll be upset that I didn't write it down, I remember the general area it is in & the name is something like, "_____ & Piano" just past The WalkAbout, how hard can it be to find???

2 Comments:

At 26 September, 2006 00:00, Blogger Sara said...

Met Jim & Charlotte at the Pitcher & Piano at 8pm, had dinner at the Brazilian place - YUMMERS!!! Safely home, dad's already snoring!

 
At 26 September, 2006 01:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you got there (?where? just joking!) and had a great dinner. Hope you're snoring soon--but then you don't snore. I guess I mean I hope you sleep well. Love and hugs, Mommio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home