Friday, June 16

23.03 BST (last one for Friday)

So I have to ask a favour of all the reader of my blog, please visit this website, and see what you can do, if anything. I thank you in advance!! Try to think of all those who are unable to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend because they are too sick to go out, while you without a second thought can go do whatever your heart desires, YOU are very LUCKY!!

Here is the email I received earlier today, from my friend Barbara's friend Heather:


Hello!

Well, it's official...I've run my first marathon!

I trained to run the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon as part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Team in Training" Program. I was blessed to unite my ability to put one foot in front of the other with an opportunity to support a great cause that is dear to my heart.

Through the TNT program I had a coach, a training regimen, nutrition advice, and a great group of people to train with. Besides the challenge of running 26.2 miles, I committed to raising money ($4,000) to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in it's battle to fight leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.

I am writing to ask your support in contributing as generously as you can to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The contributions will aid in funding research and supporting patients and families.

Please join me in this challenge. Whatever you can contribute matters...it all adds up! Contributing is so easy...just click on the link
(I've linked it above in red) below to go to my TNT homepage where you can make a donation and read about my progress as well.

Thanks so much for supporting me in this challenge! Every little bit of support adds up and it's a great, great cause! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you! Heather


If you can help her out in any way we'd really appreciate it! Here are her photos from the race (note to all of you at Trudeau, who the bib is in honour of)

Well good night from London . . . will keep posting over the weekend if you fancy checking in on my sanity as it get down to THE BIG DAY . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home