Wednesday, March 1

Summer Project Figured Out!!

So as most of you know I've been stressing about this summer project - "Positions already taken by Med. Micro student", "You're over qualified" blah blah blah bottom line I've not been the happiest of people to be around - I know you find this nearly impossible to believe since I'm just so happy & wonderful all the time, but there's a first time for everything :)

So here is the reply I got back from Dr. Alreo Thomas today,

Thank you for the paper and for coming to see me. I will be happy to have you working in the lab this summer - the immunohistological techniques you will learn are different to those you already know and I believe will be a useful addition to your current portfolio of lab skills. The next thing for me to do is to write a short abstract of the project along the lines of ' Investigation of T regulatory cell microenvironments in Epstein-Barr Virus related lymphoproliferative disorders' . If you are happy with this, please let me know and then you can inform the teaching office.

Now isn't that super cool?!?!?!?!? I'm excited about it!! So I'm off to learn more about EBV,

Normal human B lymphocytes proliferating in response to EBV infection. The cells grow indefinitely in culture as a lymphoblastoid cell line.

well maybe not tonight, I'm craving chocolate & since I'm suppose to have given it up for Lent, I might just watch a movie and go to bed early - I'm in lectures all day tomorrow!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home