Monday, February 27

Reflections

So I went through one more interview today with Alreo Thomas, who I must admit we (IID students) all thought she was such a bitch in lab class and most of us were scared of here to begin with. But due to the fact that I'm over qualified for 98% of the summer projects, I decided to interview with her since she's doing immuopathology which I didn't do at Trudeau! After meeting with her and really enjoying learning about EBV and how she wants to look at FoxP3 cells in the tumors with a cool microscope that can laser out sections of the tumor and move them onto a side to look at them in more detail. Sounds cool, no?!?!?!?!?

After my meeting I went down to the computer lab to do a little more research & then met up with Amanda, Dom, Heather, Meredith, and Susan for "bottle night" not sure I've ever talked about one of those nights have I? We found a pub just round the corner from uni that you can buy a bottle of wine for £5.35, so we can each get a nice glass of wine and not have to pay an arm & a leg - it has been known to turn the following day into, black Tuesday, but it's all good!!!

Reflections . . . Sometimes I think it's easy to misjudge people. To go based on what you've heard, or what you think you know . . .And I am guilty sometimes of that, I think. It's very easy to assume things without knowing the whole truth or full facts . . . I think we all do it but it takes a big person to admit it . . . And clearly right now, I'm the bigger one :) I feel like I've been unfair to people I've met, because I'm overprotective or because I want to believe I have someone pegged . . . And come to find out, I don't. So what I want to say here is that I'm ready to believe that there is more to people than we all know . . . And I bet people have done the same with me as well. I'd like to also say that I think God (or whoever it is) brought me here for a lot of wonderful reasons, mostly to learn more about me and what I need to learn to grow as a person. And for that I am thankful!!

Gratitude is a wonderful thing - Jed this one's for you!!

2 Comments:

At 01 March, 2006 07:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed and touched by your reflections. Quite a bit of wisdom for one so relatively young. You're terrific. What is the job in The Gambia???

Mom

 
At 01 March, 2006 19:57, Blogger Sara said...

not sure about the job - haven't heard anything more about it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home