Monday, November 21

weekend update

Friday I spent most of the day catching up with important things like the post office (waiting in really long ques isn't fun!!), HSBC bank, and the library (doing some research) and jounal club at uni. That evening Rob called to ask if I wanted to grab some dinner before going to the pub - I said sure. So Rob & I went to the noodle bar, just round the corner from my flat (north instead of south) for dinner while we waited for Jim to return from his parents house up in Nottingham.
Saturday morning Rob, Jim and I walked to Camden Town for breakfast (about a 15 minute walk south of KT). After breakfast (well really more like brunch considering the time) I went home to clean for 1 hour before meeting up with Amanda, Heather, & Katie at The Assembly House to watch the Ireland vs. Australia rugby game. Australia won but Ireland played very well considering!! Followed by a game of Trivial Pursuit (20th edition, but made in the UK - very hard for those of us who were American). We played boys vs. girls (or as Rob pointed out "Team America" vs. "Team Great Britain"). Luckily we won by 1 piece thanks to Katie knowing so much from living here for the past year and being very knowledgeable about sports (I know nothing about Cricket, let alone who the famous players are!!!)
After that we had 2 games of Jenga and at that point we were all pretty tired and cold (we were sitting near the door) so we all went our seperate ways. I went home and warmed myself up with a really hot bath, it was wonderful!!
Sunday morning Rob, Jim & I had breakfast in Camden Town (via the tube instead of walking this time) then I continuted my journey southbound to meet up with my study group. I left my flat keys with Rob so he could cook dinner while I was gone. When Susan and I got home around 5.15pm we could smell the food the second we opened the downstairs door. Rob had made chicken curry with rice. Susan and I had bought white wine and dessert - our big contribution to the meal - lol!! We got microvable chocolate lava cakes from Tesco Express :) Dinner was fantastic (as always) and again we spent the rest of the evening laughing about police stories & assorted other jokes. We also went online to check out The Church which meets just round the corner from my flat every Sunday afternoon - looks & sounds a bit crazy if you ask me, but they call it a church!! Personally I'm scared to ever go in - they all come out wet, drunk, and with minmal clothing on!!!
Susan was going to take the Northern line to the Piccadilly line to get home, but when we walked her to the KT tube stop we realized the Piccadilly line was suspended for engineering work. Luckily the boys knew another way for her to get home without a lot of changing trains etc. Jim walked her down to the train and waited to make sure she got on the correct one, while Rob went home to bed and I went home to finish up the dessert dishes. Jim told us that at KT the CCTV is only on 1/2 of the train platform and with Susan being alone, it was really late (11.10pm), and Susan's not use to taking public transportation, he decided to make sure she was okay.
Well that's my weekend in a nut shell.

2 Comments:

At 21 November, 2005 18:22, Blogger Sara said...

I cheated and reused sections of your email for the blog - after typing all that out at school I didn't want to have to retype it all at home tonight :) Yours was first!!!

 
At 24 November, 2005 06:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun as always to read your blog. Just a little Thanksgiving good wish. I'll try to call early enough. Love ya, Mommio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home