Friday, November 18

Curry Night (basically every Friday)

I know what else that was interesting about Hazel's lecture yesterday. She was talking about how rBCG30 was in phase 1 trials in the states about a year ago, but the "word on the streets" is that it wasn't working very well and they've stopped them now. I remember how hard it was for that strain to grow and how we never got any response from it compared to the TICE strain, so it made me feel good that we weren't doing something wrong - it's the strain that's funky!!

Chose my classes for the next three terms today:
9 January - 10 February = Molecular Biology & Recombinant DNA Techniques (Monday - Wed. am) and Molecular Virology (Wed. pm - Friday)
20 February - 24 March = Advanced Practical training in Gene Cloning (Monday - Wed. am) and Research Progress & Field Applications (Wed. pm - Friday)
24 March - 24 April = spring break
24 April - 26 May = Immunology of Parasitic Infection: Principles & Practice OR if I find a project I want to do by then I can take a "long" project.

Well I'm done with classes for the day so I'm going to go home, get some washing done, take a nap, and enjoy my ritual Friday Curry Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home