Wednesday, July 23

only "bummed"?

As I've mentioned before I read Confessions of a CF Husband on a daily basis. I must admit the past few days I've been rubbish about following most blogs because of craziness at work with summer students and a lack of home computer, but I went over to the site this morning and found this post. I cannot imagine being in Tricia's shoes. For those of you who don't follow the story, here are a few lines from what Nate wrote:

"Tricia's lymphoma in her lungs did not respond well to the meds over the past five weeks . . . I've been explaining to you that the chemo Tricia had been receiving was not the heavy duty stuff...CHOP is. CHOP is the stuff that you hear about that comes with a lot of potential side affects . . . Tricia will receive her first treatment tomorrow . . . A few weeks after that second treatment, they'll reevaluate to determine if the cancer is responding as hoped for. If so, she'll receive four additional treatments every three weeks, for a total of six over the next eighteen weeks. If, after the first two treatments, her cancer is not responding, Tricia is in serious trouble . . . Needless to say, we're both very bummed tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm sure we'll be more optimistic, but tonight we're very discouraged."

Bummed is the word that Nate used, I don't think bummed even begins to explain how I'd feel. Tricia & Nate are just so strong. I hope that should I ever be in a similar situation I think that if I had 1/4 of their strength I'd be doing really well. I suppose it helps to have such a wonderful & supportive family and that I know they have! If you have 3 seconds to spare maybe say a quick prayer that these new rounds of CHOP will work better for Tricia.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 24 July, 2008 00:03, Blogger CFHusband said...

Thank you!

 
At 29 July, 2008 16:02, Blogger Sara said...

no worries nate!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home