Friday, July 25

Les Femmes de l'Ombre and Wall-E

Joined the Cineworld Unlimmited, which means for £15/month I can see as many movies as I want at Cineworld theatres around the UK. So this week I've seen two! On Sunday I saw Wall-E. If you haven't yet seen this movie you should consider it . . .

I thought it was a really good movie & even Rob (Mr. Tough Guy) enjoyed it! Yes, it's true there is no speaking for the first 20 minutes or so and even after that it's very minimal, but the points which the writer was trying to get across to the viewer comes through very clearly! I think one of my favourites was his pet cockroach :)

The other movie which I really enjoyed & if you're not into pixar movies, maybe this is more up your alley, was called Les Femmes de l'Ombre (aka Female Agents a french movie subtitled in English)

I know that lots of it wasn't true, for instance in my opinion the girls wore too much lipstick! I wonder how did she learn to shoot so well, like a pro? And rather confusing to me was how the SS guy was fluent in three languages (German, French & English), but all that said the movie had enough of a story line and moments of tension to keep you interested in watching. I guess it wasn't any sort of cliff hanger since I knew the outcome of the war from history classes, but still attention getting - or at least in my opinion!

Has anyone seen any other recent movies which you think I should go see? I think Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging comes out today, but aside from that I'm not sure what's out there, so any suggestions would be wonderful!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 27 July, 2008 04:34, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I have no excuse for my absence here, but I'm glad to see you are still alive and well in London and continuing to put my social life to shame!

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 29 July, 2008 16:03, Blogger Sara said...

ah my dear cheesewiz i hope you are feeling better, glad to see you were able to pop over to check in on me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home