Sunday, March 19

6 Nations Rugby

So today was the final day of 6 Nations Rugby. It's been a blast to watch - I've really turned into a football & rugby fan in my time here thus far. So France secured the title today :(

First match of the day at 1.30 was France v. Wales ending with a score of 21-16.

Followed by Scotland pulling off a win over Italy by a score of 13 to 10.

The final match was England v. Ireland. Rob, Marlene, MissyLou, Susan & I watched this at the pub. It really was a close game. It was a little tough to cheer on England with Rob standing right behind me in his Ireland shirt (lol). Our cheering was to no avail, Ireland came back in the last minutes to win 28-24. This of course made Rob very happy! I was a bit worried when England took the lead with about 7 minutes left, since Rob had promised to cook us dinner. I wondered what would happen to the roast in my oven should Ireland lose.

So dinner was honey covered pork loin baked with sweed & potatoes, carrots with olive oil & lime juice, & mashed potatoes with spring onions (has an Irish name that I've now forgotten, starts with a B, similar to colcannon, but instead of leeks & kale we used spring onions) As always it was fantastic!

Okay getting late, off to beddy-bye now . . .

1 Comments:

At 19 March, 2006 17:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just loved the HAT!

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home