Saturday, February 18

Dinner & the pub

So Louise, Jeremy & I had pizza, garlic bread, and salad for dinner tonight :) It was really good but we were done around 6.45pm and all stared at eachother realizing how knackered we were for as early as it was!! After washing up Jeremy wanted a coffee so we decided to venture out & look for one - sorta thinking there aren't any coffee houses in KT, but none the less we went out searching Well turns out, we don't have a coffee house (told you so), so we ran into our local & he was able to get his much needed coffee there. Lou & I had lemonades (like Sprite).

After about 10 minutes, Rob wandered in and got himself a Guiness (like I needed to say that - LOL). After a few gulps he made his way over to our table - a bit akward at first, just the normal "how's work", "what have you been up to", "long time no talk" sorta talk.

Rob got up to get the next round (3 Magners & an extra cold Guiness) & when he returned with all our drinks we were all able to just sorta fall back into our normal pub life, minus the Jenga game. Lou & J left around 8pm, but I stayed on with Rob until 11.15 - good to catch up since we hadn't really hung out at all since before my Christmas break, minus a few fly by converstations in hallways and on the street. Really funny thing was he said, "When was the last time we got pissed together here?" to which I responded, "I'm not getting pissed, but we haven't had a pub night since Dec!" He replied, "I bet you've missed it as much as I have!" I just smiled and nodded.

It was a strange time this past term with all my course work and lack of time to see my "local" friends up in Kentish Town, after seeing them so much during my first 3 months here. Hopefully this term will have a little more free time so we can stay in contact a little better.

2 Comments:

At 20 February, 2006 15:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home -
Doesn't look like you got to use that bathing suit you packed : (
Oh well, still looks like a good time was had. Loved the photos!!
I'm at home today (President's Day). Will and I are headed to Tupper Lake to visit my parents.
Miss you,
P-

 
At 20 February, 2006 15:38, Blogger Sara said...

oh yeah President's day - another wonderful holiday we don't celebrate over here - LOL!!
Have fun in Tupper! Postcards were mailed in Spain on Friday afternoon so I wouldn't expect them till this time next week.
Ta-ra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home