Thursday, December 7

uneventful update

So I don't have much to tell today, but I was reading some friend's blogs earlier & I think if you hvae a chance you should read Zee's post from yesterday - I found it very interesting, but maybe that's just me. Here is the story and here are the photos of what I missed in London (thank goodness) luckily it did not seem to cause any distress for my boys, who did okay last night and is positive news, check this out - Shann did you hear about this?!?!?!

Eat left over lasagna & chicken 'n biscuits last night for dinner, after the power came back on! I was writing out my Christmas card list when all of the sudden the dishwasher stopped, so I went into the kitchen to check it out, figured I'd tripped a breaker, so I went looking for the breaker box, but couldn't find it (remember I'm staying with friends so I don't know the house that well). I went to call Anne to find out where to look when the phone didn't work (portable phones don't work during power outs), then it dawned on me, maybe all the house power was out, so I went back to writing my list. Around 4pm, Matt walked in & asked why I was sitting facing the telly without it on & I explained, he was really bummed because he had stopped by to watch sports center with Johnny before his soccer match (which he won 9-2, in case you cared). Johnny arrived around 4.30pm & after a fair bit of fannying about they decided to call the electric company, who come to find out had no clue. About 20 minutes later the guys arrived & announced that a squirrel had blown a fuse in the transformer (or I think that's what they said) all I know was that there was a dead squirrel at the bottom of the pole! The bucket truck showed up & within 30 minutes we had power again - yeah!! How did people do stuff before they had electricity - candles are NOT bright at all, vrey hard to read & write by - I know because I was still trying to write out my Christmas card list.

Tonight Johnny is cooking chili, so I'm fre all day to do whatever my lil heart desires . . . if I just knew what that was I'd be all set . . . I'm basically done with my Christmas shopping, so I don't have to do that . . . I don't have to go food shopping because Johnny did that . . . I need to get my oil changed, but that's not super exciting & since I'm not planning on driving anywhere I don't have to go out just for that . . . so I'm back to not having much of anything to do today . . . I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually.

Okay, gonna watch some day time telly for a bit while I decide my plan of attack for the day, oh yeah I need to call the dentist for an exam & cleaning, that should be really fun (LMAO)

UPDATE (as of 11.30am) Today I am going to get my Christmas card project started . . . first I have to email all those people who's addresses I'm missing or can't remember street numbers for, then I will start writing some of them out, when I get bored with that I will have to go & buy more cards since I got 40 & just realised my list is up to 83 & I worry I've still forgotten people (YIKES I'll be writing Christmas cards till news years at this rate!!!) . . . I knew I would find something to do today, not quite sure if it's considered fun, but it's gotta get done. Oh, btw Dad, I did make the DDS appt so you can stop worrying about that!

3 Comments:

At 07 December, 2006 15:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, a tornado in LONDON? That's like a tsunami in Portland! Goodness! Glad to hear all your mates are safe and thanks for the plug!

I'll be around Portland over the holidays; definitely let's meet up.
~Zee

 
At 07 December, 2006 16:34, Blogger Sara said...

maybe it's like LOTS of rain and a bit of snow in Nov for Portland . . . and people still don't believe in global warming!!!

 
At 08 December, 2006 01:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish you were here--quid and henry and i would keep you very busy or at least amused.

love the posts--gad, global warming--you think??? tee hee

love and hugs and doggy kisses,
mommio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home