Wednesday, November 1

Happy Belated Halloween

So after a pirate checked my bag & a mermaid checked my ID, I was able to fly outta Hartford and into Chicago where Amanda picked me up yesterday at 2.15pm & we drove back to Madison, WI where we met up with Dom & went for a curry . . . apparently we've turned into curry snobs after our year in London, it was okay but just not what we are all use to!!

This morning Dom made us eggs, bacon & toast for breakfast, then Amanda drove him to work while I showered. A's in the shower now & we're planning on hitting up a coffee shop before we have to drive Dom to a meeting about his benefits at 12.30pm. After that who knows what we'll explore in Madison. Weather is cool like upstate NY (low of 21F last night & high of 41F today) but sunny & beautiful as long as you have a jumper near by!!

Dom's flat is GREAT!! Much larger than I was expecting & he's already bought himself a "big" telly. He's been catching up on all the WI politics & seems to be very well settled in. Best part last night was you can tell he's not a driver as 3 seconds past the entrance to where we needed to be he piped up from the back seat, "I see it" which of course does not help the driver figure out where to go - Amanda & I giggled while figuring out where we were suppose to be. I feel for Amanda already & she hasn't even given him driving lessons, "Mr. Indecisive" driving on real roads should be a trip!! I'll try to get some photos of Madison & his flat & send them out when I get settled at my mom's later this week.

Well I best get my arse in gear & get ready to leave, not that we are in a rush, but I've been listening to enough daytime telly already!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home